Some effective ways to save on indoor water use:
- Purchase a front-load washing machine that uses 40% less water. Check for rebates.
- Don’t let water run while shaving, brushing teeth or rinsing dishes.
- When you are washing your hands, don’t let the water run while you lather.
- Listen for dripping faucets and toilets that flush themselves. Fixing a leak can potentially save hundreds of gallons each month.
- Check your toilet for leaks.
- Learn how to read your water meter.
- Prevent and report water waste.
- Run the dishwasher and clothes washer with full loads only.
Source: Saving Water Partnership