Laundry to landscape (L2L) greywater systems are simple, affordable, and easy to maintain. With your own L2L system you can irrigate your landscape each time you do laundry, saving you water, time, and resources. This system is legal to install without a permit, just follow 12 basic guidelines.
Here are downloads of slide shows used for the workshop:
Solano County Water Agency and your local utility partnered with Greywater Action to provide a FREE “Laundry To Landscape” training workshop. This two-part workshop consisted of a lecture and hands-on work in October 2015.
This workshop material covers:
- The basics of greywater–what it is and what it is not
- How to design a system for your home and landscape
- How to build a system–you’ll create a “mock-up” of a real system with real greywater parts
- What parts you’ll need for your home
- How much greywater you produce and how many plants you can water
- What soaps and detergents are “greywater friendly”
- What you can and cannot use greywater for